Cinnamon Roll - In a Drink!


If you read my last blog post, then you know my husband and I just moved.  We've had a whirlwind past couple days, but have started settling into our new place.  It's taking some creativity to fit everything from our house into our town house, but we are getting there. I've been looking around on Pinterest for storage ideas and making use of baskets everywhere!

The day after we moved in, the temperature dropped dramatically.  Unfortunately, all our warm clothes were still packed. My husband was starting to get some looks walking around in short sleeves. &nbsp We finally found them, but have yet to locate our coats...

With the cooler weather, chili sounded great for our first dinner in our new place.  I decided to also make a warm treat for dessert. I had stumbled across a delicious cinnamon bun white hot chocolate recipe, and decided to give it a try. I found this recipe, through Pinterest, on the Crock Pot Recipe Exchange site. They have all kinds of great crock pot recipes, definitely a site I want to check out again!

This delicious, rich dessert takes several hours to cook in the crock pot. It feels your home with a wonderful cinnamon smell though! Make sure you follow the first step, for the full length of time. This step infuses the milk with the cinnamon.

Cinnamon Roll Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
  • 1/2 gallon milk
  • 8 Cinnamon sticks
  • 2 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • pinch of sea salt
  • Optional garnishing: marshmallow fluff or whipped cream, pecans, caramel
Cinnamon Roll Hot Chocolate Directions:
  • Pour the milk in a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker
  • Add in cinnamon sticks
  • Cook covered on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours 
  • Remove cinnamon sticks (I used scoop to get them as it is warm)
  • Mix in the white chocolate chips, brown sugar, vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
  • Cook for 30-45 minutes covered.
  • Whisk in the white chocolate as they have melted.
  • Cook for an additional 30 minutes covered.
  • Whisk again.
  • Ladle into heatproof mug and garnish (I just used whipped topping and caramel)
  

As an added treat, I paired my drink with some mini Vanilla Wafers.  I wanted a simple snack that would compliment the flavor, but not overtake it.  The drink has a LOT of flavor, so the Vanilla wafers made for a great pairing.  I even dipped some in the drink.  

Hope you enjoy this wonderful treat, which is perfect for a cool, autumn day!  This makes a lot of hot chocolate, so it's great to share with family and friends!  If you have a 6 quart slow cooker, you can double the recipe.  This would be great for a party!

Popular Posts