12 Sweet Posts of Christmas: Holiday Decorating


Welcome to my new series, "12 Sweet Posts of Christmas!" From December 1-December 24 I'm sharing 12 fun Holiday themed posts. They will range from Christmas to winter themed, and include recipes, crafts, and activities. If you missed it, I kicked off my first post last Sunday - my Winter Bucket List.

I'm excited about my next post, Holiday decorating! This past Monday my husband and I started decorating our place. We are still renting, so we don't have a lot of space and haven't wanted to spend a ton on decorations. But, I'm really happy with how our place looks now!


For years I have had a Charlie Brown-looking Christmas tree with limbs that bent over with even small ornaments. This year, though, we got a new tree on sale and I was very excited about putting it up. We got a new tree topper and I used some adorable penguins I have as a tree skirt. I LOVE penguins, and collect them.

Here's a pic of my tree:

My favorite part of my tree are some of the special, personalized ornaments. One of which is a ball ornament filled with curled pieces of our wedding invitation.

Another favorite ornament of mine is our First Christmas Together snowman ornament.


Here's a collage of some of my favorites. I love the ornament with my family, as well as my "World's Best Aunt" ornament from my niece a couple years ago!


I used a smaller tree in my kitchen covered with baking themed ornaments. I have a mini whisk, mini Holiday spatulas, and Christmas cookie cutters!


Next up with our decor is our growing Willow Tree nativity collection. My Willow Tree collection started years ago. I have several small angels and the Wedding couple we received for our wedding. The past couple Christmases we've received pieces for our Nativity. We display it on our piano, and it's a special display we look forward to building upon each year.


Finally my love for penguins is extending even more! I changed up a bookcase to display just part of my penguin collection, long with a framed version of my Winter Bucket List from the last post!



The best part of Holiday decorating is making it unique to your and what you like. I love it when a tree has personality, and is customized to your specific family.


Popular Posts