Blue & White Muffins

I'm feeling a little blue...

Blue and White that is! The UK Wildcats (my alma mater) have made it to the NCAA basketball championship game with yet another buzzer beater 3-point shot by Aaron Harrison. Before the game on Saturday, I shared a recipe for Blue and White cookies. This treat was delicious and helped calm our nerves during the nail biting game. The UK Wildcats will be playing for their 9th National Championship tonight! I decided to make another blue and white themed snack. This weekend was busy, though, and Mondays are so hectic at work. So last night, I tested a recipe that was quick and simple.



As I mentioned in my Blue & White cookie post, we no longer live in the center of the Big Blue Nation. We moved and now live in the heart of a rival team's following...it gets interesting sometimes. We still miss Lexington and some of our favorite hot spots. One of those was a local sports bar with an amazing breakfast menu. My go-to dish? The sweet and fruity (and delicious) Blue & White pancakes. Blueberries and white chocolate? Yum! I still crave those pancakes, and we stop by there any time we are in town. I decided to try my hand at a muffin version of the UK fan favorite.

If you've looked at my blog much, you know I do a lot of baking from scratch. Occasionally, though, there are some mixes that I am more than happy to use. I usually like to doctor the mix in some way, elevating it with fresh ingredients, or adding new flavors. While I have made some scrumptious muffins by scratch (such as these Zucchini muffins), I also enjoy an easy mix for blueberry muffins. Trust me - they are simple AND delicious! I recently doctored this mix to make lemon blueberry muffins. Today, though, I'm adding white chocolate chips to make a sweet Blue & White twist!

The mix I use yields 6 muffins. For the mix, I added 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. You can increase the amount of white chocolate chips for mixes that yield more muffins.

Blue & White Muffin ingredients:
  • Blueberry muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup milk (or whatever ingredients are called for in mix)
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (for every 6 muffins)
Blue & White Muffin directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425F
  • Mix together ingredients for muffin mix
  • Fold in white chocolate chips
  • Spray cupcake pan (or use cupcake liners)
  • Fill pan 2/3 full
  • Bake 14-17 mins
The white chocolate chips add a sweet surprise to the classic blueberry muffins. It's sure to be a hit with your friends and family! 

Check back later this week as I share a new savory dish, and my first cake in quite a while! Oh and one more thing...sorry to any UConn fans, but GO BIG BLUE!


Popular Posts