DIY Magnetic Spice Containers


After we finished getting settled in our new home, one of projects on the top of my list was a more efficient way to store and access spices. We basically had one cabinet PACKED with spices and baking ingredients. It was impossible to find you were looking for without having to pull them all out of the shelf.

Looking around Pinterest, I found tons of ideas for spice containers and ways to store them. My favorite version was the magnetic containers on the wall. Most of the versions I found, though, were pretty pricey. Instead, I decided to create my own DIY version.

I was at a craft store and found a sale on small containers that looked perfect for a magnetic spice tins. I bought some scrapbooking stickers and a role of magnetic tape to complete the look.

This spice DIY project was super easy to make, pretty cheap since I found the containers on sale, and created exactly what I was looking for. I placed the spice containers on the fridge and now we have easy access to all our favorite spices!


Magnetic Spice Container materials:
  • Small tins 
  • Magnetic tape
  • Stickers
  • Pen
  • Spices
Magnetic Spice Container instructions:
  • Thoroughly wash and dry spice containers
  • Adhere two strips of magnetic tape to the back of the containers
  • Write spice name on the stickers
  • Add a sticker to the front of the container
  • Fill containers with spices


Popular Posts